Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Christel - Illustration Icon

Whenever I'm in need of inspiration for my art I turn to Christel Marrott.
She was a Danish illustrator from the 40s through to the 70s and her pictures and sculptures just sums up the most beautiful reasons why its cool to be a girl and is never out of style. Her original drawings are almost impossible to find for sale, however there's a lot of reproductions and I have a few.
She made paper dolls, book covers, fashion illustration, vignettes, zodiac scultures, stationary, and much more.. My Mum has a lot of her old (first edition prints!) paper dolls, and I have already called dipps.. The look of her style is just so effortless and chic. I'm amazed in how few strokes she needed to capture an emotion or a silhouette of a dress.. I sure wish I looked like her long-legged girly models with big eyes and high cheek bones - wait, is that still in fashion!? Timeless and vintage at the same time. It doesn't get any better than this in my opinion.
Enjoy! (I know you will...)
Images sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...