Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Monday 21 March 2011

Inspired by Caravaggio



Actually, it all started with one of the food blogs I stop by on a regular basis. I'm amazed of how they portray the food and even with a very few props (or ingredients). Many of the pictures reminds me of Caravaggio and of his use of clair obscure. He's one of my favourite painters of all time, and it was huge for me to see some of his paintings in Rome and where they were supposed to be. Sometimes I'm annoyed of how I loose the context and the meanings incorporated into the works when they are replaced in art museums. But perhaps that's just me.. Anyways, lovely pictures inspired by Caravaggio (and food blogs!)
  
Source


Source

Source

Source


Source


Source
  
Source

The photo that actually started all of this...
Source


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...