Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Winter Tales and Gold Leaves


Today, I went for some lunch at Forlæns & Baglæns (Forwards and Backwards) in Aarhus. They serve Spanish influenced tapas and cocktail, and are very popular. If you want to eat out you have to book a table early because they get booked so fast every night. I ordered some shrimps, or prawns if you will, with aioli, and it was a taste of Heaven!
In the picture, you see my dessert, a rich chocolate cake with berrys and creme fraishe and the best chai latte I have ever had. I wish it would come in larger amounts because its very addicting. Whilst eating and enjoying the food, I finished one of Karen Blixen's (Isak Dinesen) short stories in her 'Winter Tales'. Being a Dane, I'm a little apalled of how little I have come across her in my studies, so I'm trying to make up to the baroness. One day I would like to visit her home, Rungstedlund, near Copenhagen. She was very keen on flowers, and my parents told me that the curators always arrange flowers around the house in her honour. I really like the thought of that.  

On my way to town, I spotted these gold leaves in the street and thought it was so pretty. I like when something turn up where you least expect it. And I like the gold against the other colder hues in the picture. About ten seconds later that area was sweeped clean, so perhaps my photo is the only remembrance of it. Kinda sad, but I'm glad I saw it.

// The Dandelion Chronicles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...