Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Monday 3 October 2011

Vintage Vignettes

Some time ago, I bought a whole bunch of vintage magazines and showed some of the lovely illustrations and ads from these. I have only shown you about half of these, but now I feel it is time for a little vintage again. This time, I am not particularly concerned about dates but about the look of the illustrations.

Today, I will show you the black and white vignettes and illustartions from these magazines ranging from 1945 until 1968.
Can you guess which vignettes are from which decade? Can't offer other prize than the honour though..
And if you can't, you can still enjoy the sweetness of them.

*all images are my scans*
 

Aren't these just lovely?
I find it quite amusing to read these old magazines and it strikes me how little we have changed in 70 years! We still want silky hands and a bright white smile. A smooth complexion and being adored by every creature on the planet.. Nothing less, right!?

Oh, and a lovely tip for you vintage owners out there, who may be the lucky ones owning dresses with gold embroidery: if the gold thread has become dull, slice an onion in half and rub the onion on the embroidery. This should make the gold seem as new. A small tip from the 40s.

Happy Monday and see you soon!


1 comment:

PuppyLovePrincess said...

what great images, and what a great tip. thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...