Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Friday 24 February 2012

Awesomest indie-shop and gallery

Hi there.. Sorry for the absense here, but I have been feeling a little upside down lately and suddenly the days just went by. Anyways, I hope that you are all alright and perhaps also a little warmer? In Denmark, we have had plus degrees the past week or so. A very welcome change, and I found myself giggle to myself when I saw my first snowdrops of the season.

Today, I will introduce you to an amazing shop and gallery, all about the indie-creativeness which sometimes drown abit in the overall picture.
The shop is run by five designers and they use it as a working station as well as a shop and gallery.
Especially the last is what makes me call it the awesomest shop. They have about 15 regular artists in house, and they feature solo-shows in their little hall gallery. I was somewhat lucky that I couldn't stay for long due to an appointment, because I could be myself straight to ruin. So many quirky and great art prints by up-and-coming artists, as well as original works.

Here's just some pictures from their website to give you a small taste of what they've got.

You have to be aware that the shop is tucked away a bit from the street because you only see one narrow window facing the street and no immediate door, it is on the side up some stairs.
But if you ever find you way to Aarhus, make a stop here. I don't think you will regret it..

Info:
Højkant
Skt. Pauls Kirkeplads 11
8000 Aarhus C. (map online)

Open: Tuesday-Friday 10.30-17.30, and Saturday 10-14

www.hojkant.dk (only in Danish, but check it out anyways)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...